Despite being one of the most useful apps that come pre-installed on Vizio Smart TVs, the Amazon Prime App sometimes malfunctions and Reset, Update, or Remove is the only option left.
In case you wondered how you could Reset, Update, or Delete Amazon Prime Video on the Vizio TV, I have included a step-by-step tutorial so that you can reset the Amazon Prime App on the Vizio Smart TV.
The Amazon Prime Video App on your Vizio Smart TV can be deleted, updated, and reset by pressing the “Yellow button” on your Remote Control. Once pressed, follow the on-screen instructions to delete, update, or reset the Amazon Prime Video App.
While it is quite straightforward to do so, I have provided a step-by-step guide that demonstrates how to reset, delete or update the Amazon Prime Video App without much hassle.
Table of Contents
How To Reset, Delete, Update Amazon Prime Video On Vizio Smart TV?
The steps to Reset, Update, Delete, and Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video App on your Vizio Smart TV can solve almost all issues, so you should know them as they can be quite useful.
- Reset Amazon Prime Video On Vizio Smart TV
- Deleting Amazon Prime Video On Vizio TV
- Updating Amazon Prime Video App on Vizio TV
How To Reset Amazon Prime Video App on Vizio Smart TV
You can easily Reset Amazon Prime if it is giving you trouble when streaming it on your Vizio Smart TV by following the steps below.
- Go to Settings by pressing the Menu button on your remote.
- To reset the Amazon Prime Video App, navigate to App Manager and select the Amazon Prime Video option.
- Use the right and left arrow buttons on the remote to highlight it.
- On your remote, press the Yellow button.
- Now, navigate using the Arrow keys on your Remote and select “Reset”
These were the steps you need to follow to Reset the Amazon Prime Video App on your Vizio Smart TV.
It is possible that you won’t be able to see the Reset option on some Vizio Smart TVs, in which case you’ll need to delete and reinstall Amazon Prime Video in order to reset it.
How To Delete Amazon Prime Video App on Vizio TV?
In order to remove the Amazon Prime App from Vizio TV, follow the steps below.
- From your remote, select Settings from the menu.
- Navigate to the App Manager.
- To continue, simply choose Amazon Prime Video by scrolling.
- Use the left and right arrows on the remote to highlight it.
- Next, press the Yellow button on the remote control.
- Using the arrow keys, select “Delete App.”
After selecting “Delete,” it will delete Amazon Prime Video from your Vizio Smart TV
We now know how to “Reset” and “Delete” Amazon Prime to the Vizio TV. If you want to update it, please follow the below steps.
How To Update Amazon Prime Video On Vizio Smart TV?
One thing I would like to suggest, before deleting Amazon Prime Video on Vizio TV, check for updates first. It may not be working because an application is out-of-date.
Steps to Update Amazon Prime on Vizio
- On your remote control, press Menu.
- In our case, we need to update Amazon Prime, so we selected Amazon Prime Video
- On the remote, press the yellow button
- If there are any available updates, you will see the “Update” option. Select Update and continue
- That’s all, You have now successfully updated Amazon Prime on your Vizio Smart TV
Finally, the step will update Amazon Prime if it is not in sync with the Vizio SmartCast. If you do not see the Update button, uninstall and reinstall the app.
See Also: How to Add Third-Party Apps on Vizio Smart TV (2 Best Ways)?
I hope you have been able to reset, update, and delete the Amazon Video app on your Vizio TV with the information and steps in this article. If you encounter any issues, please feel free to share them below.
Was this post helpful?
Kazhiko Kuro is the Founder of StreamingStash.com. Over a span of 8+ years, He has tested, researched, and written hundreds of articles and guides on how to fix common issues with TVs, streaming media players, streaming services, and related devices. See our Editorial Guidelines and Content Integrity.