If you want to update apps on your Hisense Smart TV, you might not know how to go with the correct process, what are the different ways, or how to update third-party apps.
So in this guide, I will assist you with updating the apps on your Hisense TV. There are a variety of channels and programs on Hisense Smart TVs, so you can explore them easily. With new channels and programs being added, your TV will need to update its apps.
Hisense’s native store does not require manually updating apps. If such an app gets an update, it will be automatically installed on your Smart TV. If there is a problem with your app, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.
Table of Contents
How Can You Update Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Hisense Smart TV users can update their installed apps manually, apart from Third-Party apps, by deleting and reinstalling the app. For Android-based Hisense TV models, you can perform the update via the PlayStore.
Here are the different methods you can use to update the apps on your Hisense TV.
- Reinstalling an App on Your Hisense TV
- Updating Google Play store on Your Hisense TV
- Using Vewd
- Manually Updating Third Party Apps
Updating via Reinstalling
Hisense TV store apps can be easily uninstalled and reinstalled again with updated versions of the apps that have been downloaded from Hisense’s native app store.
- Use your remote’s navigation buttons to navigate to the “Home” screen and select the app in question.
- Press the red button on your remote once you have selected the app you wish to delete.
- If you press “OK,” the app will be uninstalled, and you will be prompted to confirm your deletion.
- Follow the steps outlined above to reinstall the app on your Hisense TV. The most current version of the app will be installed.
How To Update Apps on Hisense TV Using Play Store?
In some Hisense TVs, Android is the operating system. You can download apps from the Play Store, as you would with any other Android device. To get updates and download new apps, use the Google Play Store like you would for any other device.
Steps to Update Apps on your Hisense Smart TV from Playstore
- Go to the Play Store on your Android TV.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Auto-update symbol.
- Enable the automatic update by clicking the button.
You can manually update Apps by clicking on the Update All option in the Play Store, or select the app and click on the Update button in the My Apps section.
How To Update Hisense Smart TV Apps Via VEWD?
Vewd App Store is the third-party application market available in Hisense Smart TV models. The Vewd App Store allows users to download and update various free applications.
In the Vewd App Store, all updates are done by the developers themselves; you cannot manually update the apps. However, you can select the App from the Vewd collection and click on the Update button in order to update the app.
See Also: How to Update Apps on Hisense Smart TV (4 Quick Ways)?
How To Update Third Party Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
To update Apps that do not appear in the Play Store or the native app store of the Hisense Smart TV, follow the same process you used to install them.
Steps to Update third party Apps
- To update an app, first uninstall it.
- Then install the updated version following the same sideloading procedure which was used to install them for the first time.
See Also: How to Reset Hisense Smart TV Any Model (Quick Way)?
As you can see, updating apps on your Hisense Smart TV is very easy and the methods mentioned above could be used for any All Hisense smart TV Models as well.
So now that you know how to update apps on your Hisense TV, keep the tips we shared in mind and make the most of your smart TV experience.
Was this post helpful?
Kazhiko Kuro is the Founder of StreamingStash.com. Over a span of 8+ years, He has tested, researched, and written hundreds of articles and guides on how to fix common issues with TVs, streaming media players, streaming services, and related devices. See our Editorial Guidelines and Content Integrity.