Are you looking for a way to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without remote? Well, if you’re not near your remote or it’s lost or stolen, there are a couple of ways through which you can connect your TV that doesn’t require a remote.
To connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote, you can use your Vizio Mobile App, Remote Apps, Universal Remotes, or through the Mouse and Keyboard.
There are actually multiple ways through which you can connect your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi Internet without the use of the remote. I faced the issue in the past and later found out that there is actually more than one way you can do this.
Therefore, I will explain all of them, and you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
Table of Contents
4 Ways To Connect Vizio TV To Wifi Without Remote
You can connect your Vizio TV to the Internet through 4 ways if you have lost or broken your TV remote, some of which require additional hardware like a USB mouse, keyboard, Ethernet cable, or universal remote, while another requires the use of your smartphone or tablet.
Using Universal Remote
With the growing number of devices that require a separate remote, universal remotes are making a lot more sense, not to mention the CEC-enabled remotes are much more convenient if the TV is compatible with CEC and the remote is also.
Therefore, if you have any universal remote present at your home, you can connect your Vizio TV to Wifi internet without its remote by following these steps.
- Ensure that your internet is working and the Wifi router is on.
- After that, turn on your Vizio TV.
- The instructions for Vizio brand TVs will tell you how to set up your universal remote (you’ll need a specific code).
- Afterwards, use the universal remote to access the MENU.
- You will see a list of nearby WiFi networks after selecting Network.
- Choose your network from the drop-down list and enter your WiFi password.
All done, your Vizio TV is now connected to Wifi and we haven’t used its Remote.
Using USB Mouse and Keyboard
Using a USB Mouse or Keyboard (Any one of them) you can connect your Vizio TV to Wifi without the remote. Also, the good thing is the Vizio TV can be used with either type of connection (Wired or Wireless).
In order to make Mouse and Keyboard paired up for the first time, you will need to first factory reset the Vizio TV and use the buttons directly on the screen since you don’t have a remote.
These buttons are either on the right or left side, or directly underneath your TV screen, depending on your model.
- In order to do that, Turn on your TV and press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and INPUT buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- A prompt will appear on your screen instructing you to hold down the INPUT button for 10 seconds.
- Once the ten seconds are up, you should see your TV resetting.
- Now that your TV has been reset, you can use the keyboard and mouse. Plug in your USB keyboard to the back of your TV.
- Now, To connect with wifi, go to the Wifi settings of your Vizio TV and enter the password of your Wifi.
That’s all. It’s as simple as this to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet via Wifi using a USB Keyboard and Mouse instead of the remote.
Using the Remote App
It is still possible to connect your Vizio TV to Wifi without its remote through Remote Apps if you do not have the Universal remote control and the USB mouse keyboard.
There are several remote apps available for smart TVs, and you can download the one for your Vizio Smart TV. These free apps allow you to operate your TV without the official remote.
These Apps are compatible with IR and their operation is based on the simple theory of InfraRed. That’s why it’s also called an “IR Blaster hack”.
Steps to connect Vizio Smart TV to Wifi using Remote Apps:
- The first step is to download any remote app which has good ratings from the store.
- Open the app. Then, with your Wi-Fi on, connect to the Vizio TV via the remote app.
- A connection code will now be requested on your phone. Enter it now.
- You’ll find the WiFi Menu option after you navigate.
- Using the Remote App, connect your TV to the WiFi and start watching again.
You can use these remote apps to connect your Vizio Smart TV to wifi easily. In some cases, these apps may not work as expected and in that case, you can switch to the next best app or use Vizio TV’s Smartcast app.
Using Vizio SmartCast App
You can use the Vizio SmartCast app as a remote with Android and iOS devices.
Steps to Use the Smartcast App to connect Vizio TV to Wifi:
- Visit the App Store or Play Store from your Smartphone to download the Vizio SmartCast app.
- Now, In the app, you have two choices: you can create an account or use it as a guest. There should be a skip option at the bottom of the screen.
- The app will display a “Select Device” prompt if nearby devices are detected. Select “Get Started”.
- Connect your TV here by selecting it from the list.
- Now, Enter the 4-digit pin that appears on your Vizio TV directly into the app.
- Once you are connected, you can use your phone as a remote to set up and connect the Vizio TV to Wifi without its own remote.
This is how you can use the Smartcast App on the Vizio TV to connect to WiFi when you don’t have its own remote.
These were all the methods through which you can connect your Vizio Smart TV to wifi and access the internet without its Remote. As you can see all of the above methods are different, so you can select the one that you prefer and that will do the trick.
Hope this guide has been helpful and if you have found any other way, please share it in the comments below so that others can also benefit. Also, let me know if you have any trouble using the above guide in the comments or by contacting me.
Was this post helpful?
Kazhiko Kuro is the Founder of StreamingStash.com. Over a span of 8+ years, He has tested, researched, and written hundreds of articles and guides on how to fix common issues with TVs, streaming media players, streaming services, and related devices. See our Editorial Guidelines and Content Integrity.