Once you receive your Hisense Smart TV, the very first thing you would like to do with it will be to add or install applications on your Smart TV. Adding apps on Hisense Smart TV is not rocket science if you are using the correct ways.
In the worldwide Smart TV market, Hisense has been proving its role as a great brand. However, despite its high-end status, Hisense Smart TV can run into issues when installing apps or adding third-party apps.
Throughout this guide, I explain how you can add apps to your Hisense smart TV with different methods. Depending on your comfort level, you can choose the one that suits you.
In order to get the apps you want on the Hisense smart TV, you need to go to its app store, check it out, and download it. If the app isn’t available there, you can also add it via Sideloading, VEWD, or USB Drive.
Table of Contents
How Can You Add Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
In order to maximize your Hisense smart TV experience, you can always add more apps via a variety of methods other than using the pre-installed ones.
The following are the different ways through which you can get Apps on your Hisense TV.
How To Add Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV (Default Method)?
It is regarded as one of the easiest and most common methods to add applications to your Hisense Smart TV, as it does not require additional software or configurations.
Steps to add apps on Hisense Smart TV default method:
- Tap the remote button on your Hisense Smart TV to activate the on-screen keyboard.
- Now, you can enter the name of the application you’d like to install.
- Navigate using the D-pad or navigation keys and select the app.
- Press the green button on your TV remote to start the app installation.
- Once the app is installed, you can access it on your Hisense TV.
The method is quite simple, but it does come with its limitations, so you won’t be able to get third-party apps through it.
Don’t worry, below I have explained other ways through which you can install third-party applications on your Hisense TV.
How To Sideload Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
This is the most used and loved method. Through this, It is possible to download apps that are not available in the default app store using Sideloading. This is because these applications are not verified by the manufacturer or app store owner.
Here’s how to add apps to Hisense Smart TV using the Sideload method.
- The first thing you need to do is navigate to the Hisense Smart TV settings.
- Then select Security from the Personal Options menu
- Then you should allow unknown sources and activate them.
- Navigate to Hisense Smart TV Official App Store.
- Go to the Sideload launcher app and download it.
Additionally, you need to download the File Manager app after downloading the sideload launcher. You can do this by going to the Google Play Store as above, searching for File Manager, and downloading the app.
Now you can sideload applications onto your Hisense smart TV.
How To Add Apps on Hisense Smart TV Using USB Drive?
Now that we have installed the file manager and sideloader and enabled third-party app installation, we can easily get the apps using the USB drive.
In this method, all you need to do is to download the APK file using the application computer, then install it on the Hisense TV using a USB drive.
Steps to Add Apps on Hisense Smart TV with USB Drive
- Start by downloading the APK file you need from a reliable source using your computer.
- Next, transfer the Apk file to USB Drive and connect the USB drive to the TV.
- Open File Manager on your Hisense TV and install the APK you copied from the USB drive.
- Lastly, The sideload launcher application can now be used to Add and Install the installed application on your Hisense Smart TV.
This is how you can Install any Third-Party App on your Hisense Smart TV using the USB Drive.
Combining this method with the Sideload method discussed earlier is the ultimate way to get apps on your Hisense TV.
How To Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV Using VEWD Method?
The last way to get Apps on your Hisense TV is using the VEWD app store.
VEWD App System does not allow you to install apps directly on your Smart TV. Because VEWD is a cloud-based app system, you will have access to a cloud-based app store.
Steps to Add Apps on Hisense TV through VEWD
- Press the Apps button on the remote control of the Hisense Smart TV.
- Choose VEWD Apps Store and press OK on your Smart TV remote.
- If you look at the top of your Smart TV, you will find a filter that lets you sort the apps list into different categories such as New, Popular, Movies & TV Series, Music, Sports, Technology, Games, and many more.
- Now, By pressing the OK button on your Hisense TV remote, you can select an app to open.
That’s how you get the app on your Hisense TV using VEWD.
I hope you can now use your Hisense Smart TV to its full potential and can Add apps that you like especially the Sideloading method unlocks it so you can get any Third Party Application you want.
Now that you’ve learned how to add apps on Hisense Smart TV, go and try doing it yourself.
If you still have any doubts in mind then don’t forget to leave a comment in the section below and we will be more than happy to help you.
Is it possible to add apps to my Hisense Smart TV?
The Hisense Smart TV supports adding applications from multiple sources. Either through its own App store, VEWD App Store also, there is an alternate method that is acceptable if you do not wish to use the app store or sideloading method.
Is it possible to Add third Party Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Yes, With the sideloading method, you can get third-party apps on your Hisense Smart TV. You can also sideload apps using a USB Drive.
Does Hisense Smart TV support Sideloading Apps?
Yes, As the Hisense Smart TV is Android-based, you will be able to sideload apps by downloading the File manager and enabling the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
Is it safe to Sideload Third-Party Apps on my Hisense Smart TV?
Yes, It is, but you should only download APK files from trusted and verified sources. These sources provide the tested and scanned apps.
Was this post helpful?
Kazhiko Kuro is the Founder of StreamingStash.com. Over a span of 8+ years, He has tested, researched, and written hundreds of articles and guides on how to fix common issues with TVs, streaming media players, streaming services, and related devices. See our Editorial Guidelines and Content Integrity.